Sunday 11 September 2016

9/11 memories

11/09/2016,06:46 hrs,PDT Sunday, my place,14ºC clear and cool,
MOOD 60/40

9/11 memories

I got a call from from friend, Barrie “S” that woke me up and he said that as he was driving to work that a plane had just crashed into the North Tower of the World Trade Center in NYC.

I turned on my TV and tuned it to CNN just in time for a second plane to crash into the South tower. I watched CNN for the next eight hours
as the various reports came in. Civil aviation was shut down except for the flights that allowed the Saudi friends of the Bush family to flee the USA

The newly elected (by the Supreme Court) President was conspicuous by his absence and the only official spokesman was the mayor of NYC, The air defense team scrambled one unarmed fighter plane long after the crisis had come to a head after the two towers of the World Trade center pancaked into the ground followed by one of the minor towers adjacent.

One of those times when you remember where you were and what you were doing. The only other times I have these kind of memories was VE day in 1945 and when John Kennedy was murdered in Dallas Texas.

It would seem that I have survived the Chinese curse and have survived the interesting times.

JWL 

No comments:

Post a Comment