Thursday 15 September 2016

SWIMMING



SWIMMING

in the storm surge of thoughts
facts, factoids, outright lies,
and trying to keep opposing thoughts
in my mind at the same time
the noise both real and imagined
roars in my ears and the exercise
I've been given to suppress
the unbalanced mind and vertigo
as the thought of ignoring the roar
of morning traffic
combines with a need for a
fresh coffee and something sweet
to eat defeating me in my battle
with the old age flub
as the artifacts from Windows seven
lurk at the edge of the page
telling me of all the problems
it can correct if only I phone
a number and all the fears
of being hacked will become a fact
this poem first appeared in
a very surreal dream
that I could not ignore
for fear of losing the good lines
while swimming and trying to keep
my head above water

JWL © 15/09/2016

2 comments: